SELFIE Resources & Support
Counselling Services assist families and individuals cope with stress caused by emotional and relationship issues through counselling, treatment groups, and help lines. They are committed to provide services that are confidential, non-discriminatory, respectful, and culturally sensitive.
- Individual and Family Counselling
- Problem Gambling Program
- Relationship Violence Prevention Program – Cultural Education
- Chinese Help Lines
Sexual wellness is a very important part of our physical, mental and emotional health, but it isn’t always talked about. Check out this section to learn about things like safer sex, consent, and sexual orientation. Includes tips and tools to help you have healthy sexual relationships.
When it comes to sexual health, sexuality, and sex, it can be challenging to find accurate information. Options for Sexual Health’s mission to champion and celebrate sexual health means that they are dedicated to providing clients and patients with current evidence-based and client-centred information and care.
Find quality information, learn new skills, and connect with key resources in BC. Explore strategies to help you take care of your mental health and use substances in healthier ways, find the information you need to manage mental health and substance use problems, and learn how you can support a loved one.
Mosaic offers free, confidential counselling support and multicultural outreach services for women who have experienced, or are at risk of, abuse, threats, or violence in an intimate relationship, sexual assault, or childhood abuse.
Local support in Kingston
Addictions and Mental Health Services – Kingston Frontenac Lennox & Addington
AMHS-KFLA crisis programs provide urgent and immediate response to individuals experiencing emotional or mental distress. Support is offered with the goal of minimizing stress, de-escalation, and providing emotional support to ensure the individual’s safety while improving coping strategies.
Crisis services are free, confidential and delivered in a respectful, non-judgmental manner by a team of mental health and addiction specialists.
- Crisis intervention line connecting individuals in need 24/7 to immediate support
- Staffed by mental health professionals
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: https://www.amhs-kfla.ca/programs-services/crisis/
- 24/7 crisis support line
- Kingston & Frontenac: 613-544-4229 or toll free 1-866-616-6005
- Lennox & Addington (L&A): 613-354-7388 or toll free 1-800-267-7877
- Walk-in crisis services (NO appointment needed)
- 552 Princess Street in Kingston
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00pm
- 70 Dundas Street East in Napanee
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:00pm
- 552 Princess Street in Kingston
- Mobile Crisis Services (in-person support)
- Mobile Crisis Team responds to calls to their crisis line or situations in the community where urgent in-person support is needed
- Kingston & Frontenac
- Monday – Friday: 8:00 am – midnight
- Saturday – Sunday: 8:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Napanee and L&A
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am- 8:30 pm
- Saturday – Sunday: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm
Sexual Assault Centre Kingston
Our 24 hour, 7 days a week Crisis and Support Line provides confidential and non-judgmental support for survivors. We offer information, support and coping strategies for survivors of all gender identities. The Crisis and Support Phone Line covers: KFL&A, Quinte and Area, Cornwall and Area, Kawartha and Area, and North Bay and Area.
- Daily 24 hour crisis and telephone support line * chat and text line available seven days weekly 12 noon to midnight by texting “hello” to 613-544-6424 or visiting www.webelievesurvivors.ca
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: https://www.sackingston.com/
- 24/7 Crisis & support line
- 613-544-6424 or 1-877-544-6434
- Chat & Text Crisis and Support Line
- Text 613-544-6424
- noon to midnight, 7 days a week
The Maltby Centre provides mental health and autism services to children and youth. We are the lead agency for both services in Kingston, Frontenac, Lennox & Addington. We work with clients in one of many Maltby campuses, in their homes, in schools, or in other community locations. We work closely with numerous partner agencies to ensure successful service navigation.
- Website: www.maltbycentre.ca
- Crisis line
- 613-546-8535 or 1-844-855-8340
- Monday – Friday: 8:30 am – 4:30pm
- Walk-In Clinics for Children, Youth & Young Adults
- Counselling & Therapy
If you have been assaulted or sexually assaulted please seek medical attention and contact police as soon as possible. It is the policy of the Kingston Police to protect human life by thoroughly investigating incidents of violence and supporting victims through a coordinated community response with our community partner organizations.
- Phone: 613-549-4660
- Kingston Police Headquarters: 705 Division Street
- Website: https://www.kingstonpolice.ca/en/services-and-reporting/sexual-assault-child-abuse-and-victim-services.aspx
- Listen with compassion and without judgement
- Provide information on victim services
- Provide a safety plan and help with a place to stay if necessary
- Complete a thorough investigation
- Provide information on the justice system
- Provide information on your choices going forward
Crisis Centre of BC
The Crisis Centre of BC is dedicated to providing help and hope to individuals, organizations, and communities. Spanning the spectrum of crisis support, suicide prevention, and postvention. Our Distress Services program provides support to vulnerable individuals across British Columbia. We offer services through our 24/7 distress phone lines and online chat services between 12pm and 1am.
- Website: https://crisiscentre.bc.ca/get-help/
- 24/7 crisis line
- 1-800-784-2433 (1-800-SUICIDE)
- Available in over 140 languages using a language service
- Online chat service for youths
- Noon to 1 AM PT
Canada Suicide Prevention Service
Crisis Services Canada (CSC) is a national network of existing distress, crisis and suicide prevention line services. We are committed to supporting any person living in Canada who is affected by suicide, in the most caring and least intrusive manner possible. We offer support to anyone concerned about suicide. Whether you are suffering from a loss, worried about someone who may be having suicidal thoughts, or having suicidal thoughts yourself, our highly trained responders are there to provide support. Talking about suicide can open the door for effective dialogue about the intense emotional pain and can enable someone to see what steps need to be taken to ensure safety, whether it’s your own or the safety of someone you care about. Connecting with someone about your suicidal thoughts is life-saving.
- Website: https://www.crisisservicescanada.ca/en/
- 24/7 support line
- English & French
- 1-833-456-4566 (National)
- 1-866-277-3553 (Quebec)
- Text services
- 45645, 4 pm – Midnight ET
Youthspace.ca is an online crisis & emotional support chat service. We listen without judgement, and keep chats confidential & anonymous.
- Online chat support for youths under 30
- Chat at https://youthspace.ca/ or text 778-783-0177
- Every night 9 pm – 3 am ET
VESTA Social Innovation Technologies
With VESTA, survivors have access to practical resources that range from regional to tactical. Whether the survivor needs to find their nearest crisis centres or information on how to prepare to testify at a trial, VESTA will provide curated resources from our community of experts.
- VESTA Community
- Web application that brings together frontline, community organizations, health, legal and police services to collaboratively work together to address sexual violence in their communities. Survivors can document their experience, connect with support services and/or connect with the police, all in one place.
- Access local support services and provide the circumstances of your assault with the option of remaining anonymous
- Partners with Kingston Police to support victims